Sunday, October 4, 2009

CrAfTYy BaStArDs!


Saturday's Crafty Bastards event in Adams Morgan was IN-cre-di-ble.

So many amazing things, so many creative thinkers, so many people making a connection to handmade goods-- it was awesome to be a part of it. It inspired me to get out there and do it myself-- a friend and I are hoping to share a booth at the next handmade crafts fair on December 4 in Silver Spring.

Of course I always go with the idea I'll get Christmas gifts, when in reality I'm just subconciously shopping for myself. Among my purchases-- a limited edition Allison Rose Aretha Franklin t-shirt of her wearing her inauguration hat, an awesome headband from Candy Thief, a charm necklace from Loyalty & Blood, a couple of awesome postcards from Rar Rar Press and a cool pair of repurposed hardware earrings from Alitas Jewelery.

A big shout out to the ladies of Hello Craft for putting on such a lovely event. Here's some photos of the handmade goodies I scored and some that are just plain cool.

Happy crafting!







No comments: